Today was a momentous day in the Heberlig household: Colin went poopie in the potty (seriously, never in my life did I ever have this much discussion about gastrointestional patterns before becoming the parent of a toddler).
While getting a few extra, very precious moments of sleep this morning, "the boys" were sharing "first breakfast" time together. E noticed that Colin wasn't chowing down on his banana like he normally does. Colin apparently also started making his "poopy face." So, after realizing what was going on, E asked Colin if he'd like to go to the potty.
Fortunately, E and C arrive to the potty chair in the nick of time, after getting the jammies & diaper off (C was wearing his one-piece footie jammies). Thank goodness, since the Di Man had a huge BM (that would have probably leaked out of the diaper).
So, after "clean up on Aisle One," E brought Colin upstairs to tell me about the big event of the morning. Being quite a proud Mama, I made a big deal out of his achievement. Colin was too cute because he was so proud of himself (end result being a big hug to Mama from her favorite little dude).
Considering we haven't begun officially potty-training Colin, I consider this a major victory on the parenthood front! Guess all those times of never having time alone in the bathroom because Colin insisted on escorting us to the bathroom in VN and here at home are paying off.
In other news, today was a beautiful day in Charlotte (a very unseasonably warm day). So in the spirit of "Carpe Diem," we took Colin for a walk (umm...guess ride would a more accurate description since Colin wanted nothing to do with walking and everything to do with riding in his stroller) on the Greenway. Of note is Colin's continued fascination with animals (dogs) and airplanes, both of which he saw a lot of this afternoon. Every time Colin would see a dog (no matter how far away it was), he would try to reach out to pet the dog. A few times along the way, the owners of the dogs would mistake this for Colin waving to them. As they would pass and say "Hi," Colin would wait until they passed by (out of sight), then say "Bye."
Speaking of speaking (in the immortal words of Dirty Harry), Colin "made my day" earlier this week. I had to stop by the office to pick up some books. As I called E to let him know that I was coming home, Colin indicated that he wanted to have the phone (usually resulting in him listening and no talking...a 180 from his Mama's normal pattern). So, expecting the norm, I began talking to him. Lo and behold, he spoke (granted it was to say "Pat, Pat, Pat" when I asked if he and Ba watched "Little Einsteins" but words they were - for those of you unaware of the show, the characters say "pat" and pat their laps to help their rocketship blast off). He also said "Hooray" when I asked if he was happy.
Of course, we can't end this blog entry without the picture of the day! Hope you enjoy...
Wild Kratts
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment